Roadside Service

Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

Fotos de coiote por Eduardo


Yesterday, I took my daughter and son-in-law up to Kings Canyon to see the General Grant tree before they take off for Brazil. At the point when I realized I had gone too far before putting chains on the tires, I stopped and was about to get out when a movement at two-o'clock high caught my attention. I now suspect this is a coyote, but at the time is was coming down the mountainside, full-speed, straight at me, I was thinking, 'Wolf!' It came around to the driver's side of the van, and waited for me to get out. I decided maybe I wouldn't.

Instead, I inched along, curving around several bends in the road, while my canine friend trotted beside us.

Eventually, he (she?) got bored with us, I did get the chains on, and we did see the General Grant Tree. A good time was had by all.
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

Posted by Brian at 4:45 PM  

4 comments:

That looks a wee bit cold out there.

slowlane said...
January 24, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

I think the coyote was hoping you were passing around hot cocoa with marshmallows.

Matthew Carroll said...
January 24, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

Whoever took that coyote picture was a great photographer -- and cute, too!

caedmonstia said...
January 25, 2008 at 10:01 AM  

Looks like a healthy coyote. And, oh Lord, what a magnificent tree. Thank you for these pictures.

Anonymous said...
January 26, 2008 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment