Blog Trivia, Google Over-Kill, and the One Thousandth Visitor

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Currently, if one queries "ceanosis" from Google Images, one receives four pages of images, fifty of which come from this blog. However, the one ceanosis image I've actually posted is not among them.

I discovered this after observing that several viewers came to my blog as a result of a "ceanosis" search, but they ended up landing at truly random locations on the blog. This is the kind of marvelous trivia that comes my way courtesy of BlogPatrol, which I added to this site December 5, 2007, about the time I started to get serious about this blogging thing.

During that time, I have had 993 visitors, which means that someone in the next day or two will become my One Thousandth Visitor. I suppose I could have one of those flashing pop-ups, congratulating that visitor and promising a prize, except I can't think of any prize that I'm ready to offer. Oh, and I don't know how to create one of those flashing pop-ups.

Someday I hope to have an autographed copy of my novel to give away. So here's what we'll do: to be in the running for a someday-autographed-copy of my novel, leave a comment below this post. Then check back in a day or two to discover who landed as The Capers One Thousandth Visitor!

5 comments:

So does it count if I check your blog, oh, say, 6 or 7 times a day? =)

Vicki Carroll said...
July 30, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

How 'bout me?

Matthew Carroll said...
July 30, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

Me me!

slowlane said...
July 31, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

V: (Visitor #994) You are welcome to come by any number of times a day, but BlogPatrol will recognize you as a repeater and will still count you as just one visitor.

Mataikhan: (Visitor #995) You're in.

Visitor #996 (arriving after a Google search on central california spiders) You may have just exposed a flaw in our contest rules. You can't win if you don't leave a comment. Will we even have a winner?

Slowlane: (Visitor #997) It's a good thing family, friends, & employees are not excluded from winning this contest. In fact, it would even make mailing the prize much easier.

Brian said...
July 31, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

So does this mean that I have to arrive by an anonymous route? You know, from gmail, or yahoo, or comcast, or fusd, or hmmmm, I'm sure I have some other addresses...

Vicki Carroll said...
July 31, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment