Sunset @ Muir Beach Overview

Saturday, April 18, 2009



This sunset is brought to you by a bad Google Map that sent me eight or nine miles past the motel where I had reservations, and out narrow Highway 1. Fog had already hidden the Golden Gate Bridge, and was closing quickly on this scene, to the low moans of fog horns and the whistle of wind in the moss-draped trees behind me. I stood it as long as I could and then hurried back to the car and its heater. Then I drove back in the direction of cell-phone reception. The desk clerk's Urdu flavored English was difficult to decifer, but I caught that the motel could be seen near a Walgreen's. I'm in Marin County doing research (on the inland side of the peninsula) for my novel. (Note to Google: no Walgreen's up this stretch of Highway 1.) Note to self: Thank Google for one serindipitous bad map.

1 comments:

Very pretty! The last place I went to courtesy of a bad Google map was a deserted stretch of overgrown road that I was pretty sure was used primarily by murderers looking for somewhere to ditch their bodies. I didn't stay long.

caedmonstia said...
April 25, 2009 at 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment